- Backpacks. High-quality backpacks in various styles and colors, especially in larger sizes, are greatly appreciated.
- Bulk school supplies. We have created an Amazon Wish List to donate items in bulk. It’s easy! Just Click Here to access the Wish List. Once you have selected the items you wish to purchase, proceed to the “checkout,” and be sure to select Stefanie’s address to have the items shipped directly to her.
- Masks – new masks will likely still be needed by students in the Fall. All sizes and styles are welcome.
- Monetary donations will be used to buy items still needed. Checks can be made payable to “UCC Groton,” with “Backpack Drive” in the memo line.
Volunteer to help stuff backpacks with school supplies on the late afternoon and early evening of August 23. This will be an outside activity and is perfect for church youth!
Volunteer at Devens Community Center on the afternoon of Friday, August 27:
- Use your pickup truck to help transport backpacks to the Center after lunch.
- Help with setting up tents, tables and backpacks in the parking lot at the Devens Community Center.
- Greet families, direct cars, restock supply kits and/or distribute backpacks to families who are shopping. (Volunteers must be adults.)
- Help with break-down of tents and tables and transporting backpacks back to Groton.
Volunteer to distribute extra supplies to area schools during the week of August 30.
- Decorate a poster –we will deliver the poster board for you to decorate!
- Helium-filled balloons: We need colorful balloons to designate tents for particular grades.
- Loan us your 10’ x 10’ tent and/or fluorescent cones (any size) for traffic control.
Please contact Stefanie Lempp (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 978-502-1754 or Julie Platt (email@example.com) to volunteer, or to coordinate pick-up, delivery, or shipment of bulk supplies. We would love to hear from you!